Difficulty Grade: Easy. | Endurance Grade: Easy. | Duration: 1 Day
Visapur Fort (also called Visapoor Fort) is a hill fort near Visapur village in Maharashtra, India. It is a part of the Lohagad-Visapur fortification. It has an elevation of 1084 meters above sea level. It is built on the same plateau as Lohagad. Visapur Fort is larger and at a higher elevation than its twin fort- Lohagad. Within the fort are caves, cisterns of water, a decorated arch and old houses. These two roofless buildings surrounded by outer or veranda walls said to have once been Government offices. The ruins of a large stone-built house are known as the Peshwa's palace. In addition to a huge carving of Hanuman, there are also several temples dedicated to him scattered all over the place. (Wikipedia)
Batch 1 - 30 June 2019
Batch 2 - 7 July 2019
Batch 3 - 21 July 2019
Batch 4 - 4 Aug 2019
Batch 5 - 18 Aug 2019
- Beautiful Lord Hanuman temple
- Awesome view of Nature and the cool breeze.
- Explore the secret route to escape
- Mesmerizing views of Sahyadri Mountains.
- The enormous Visapur fort wall.
- Awesome view of Lohagad Fort.
- View of Bhaje Caves, Lonavala.
- Rainy seasons trek and easy climb.
Lonavala Local @ 8:05 AM from Pune
Indrayani Express @ 5:40AM from CST
Lonavala-Pune Local @ 8:20AM from Lonavala
09:00 AM: Meeting at Malavali Railway station,
09:00 AM: Travel to Bhaje by Private vehicles.
09:30 AM: Reach Visapur Fort Base Village and have breakfast,
10:00 AM: Trek starts.
11:30 AM: Reach the top. Explore the fort
02:00 PM: Start descend.
03:30 PM: Reach the base village and have lunch.
04:30 PM: Move to Malavali by Private vehicles.
05:00 PM: Reach Malavali Railway station and trek ends.
What is included in the tour
- Malavali to Malavali Transport
- Breakfast & Tea
- Lunch (Veg Only)
- Entry Charges
- Basic First Aid
- Group Expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train tickets
- Any personal expense
- Any other charges not mentioned above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Identity Proof (Must)
- A bottle of water (2 Litres)
- Some ready to eat food - Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
- ORS, Glucose, Electrol, Personal Care Medicine those which u require usually.
- A good Trekking Shoes, Extra pair of Socks.
- Rain cheater, umbrella
- A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has ones hands free while trekking.
- Pleases do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other Ornaments.
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Trek leaders decision will be final and binding.
- Participants or Members are responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
- Team "Mumbai Trekizens" reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.