Height: 4255 ft high above sea level | Difficulty Level: hard. | Endurance Level: High. | Duration: 2 Night - 2 Day
About Sandhan Valley
Sandhan valley is one of the greatest canyons in the Sahyadri mountain ranges. It is a very good combination of a canyon and a valley. Located in the Nagar district, near the famous fort Ratangad, Sandhan valley is undoubtedly The Valley of Suspense. Walking through the narrow streak of the valley with 300 ft rock walls on both sides is a lifetime experience. Exploring Sandhan valley is always a memorable outing and the Konkan Kada visit is a sweet cherry on the cake.
- Mesmerizing view of the huge shadow valley while trekking
- Trek in the shadow of the valley
- This trek does not an ascend, keep descending throughout the trek
- Rappelling down a rocky patch
- Camping at the end of the first day
- Camping in the dark valley
- A small pond to spend some time by the side
Trek details: -
Day 0: Friday - Kasara Semi Fast
- 10:50 pm CST
- 10:57 pm Byculla
- 11:05 pm Dadar
- 11:13 pm Kurla
- 11:18 pm Ghatkopar
- 11:30 pm Mulund
- 11:34 pm Thane
- 11:57 pm Dombivli
Day 1: Saturday.
- 00:05 hours: - Kalyan
- 01:18 hours: - Kasara
Meeting Point: Kasara Railway Station at 01:18 am
- 02:00 hours: - private vehicle to depart Samrad.
- 04:00 hours: - Samrad
Tea Breakfast: -
- 07:30 hours: - Start full descend trek towards Sandhan Valley. Enjoy trekking; at a 4ft deep water patch approx. 30m length, descending on the rock patches, rappelling 50ft. down on a rocky patch, etc. All this only adds to the thrill of the whole exploration.
- 13:00 hours: - Lunch on the Way (Limited)
- 18:00 hours: - Reach the Base, campfire, dinner, etc.
Day 2: Sunday.
- 06:00: - Wake Up Call. Breakfast at the base.
- 07:30: - Start trekking towards Dehane.
- 11:00: - Travel Dehne to Dolkhamb and further to Asangaon by local transport bus or jeep
- 13:30: - Asanagava
- 15:30: - Mumbai
You can make payments using any of the following modes
- UPI – mumbaitrekizens@upi
- Google Pay (Tez) – 9702332748
NEFT – Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
- Name : Mumbai Trekizens
- Bank : The Mahanagar Co-Operative Bank Ltd
- Branch : Kamothe, Navi Mumbai
- Account Type : Current Account
- Account No : 038011200000186
- IFSC Code : MCBL0960038
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Kasara to Samrad and Dehne to Asangaon
- Day 1 - 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch (Limited), 1 Dinner (Saturday).
- Day 2 - 1 Breakfast,
- Tent Stay (Sharing basis)
- Rappelling Charges,
- Expertise Charges
- First aid and first responder assistance in case required
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train tickets Mumbai to Kasara and Asanagava to Mumbai
- Any personal expense
- Any other charges not mentioned above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Lunch for Saturday (Must)
- Trekking Sac,
- Good Trekking shoes, socks, slippers, extra,
- TORCH + extra cell (Head Torch)
- 3-liter water, toothpaste, and a toothbrush, towel, soap, small towel, etc.
- 1 i-card size photo
- Identity Proof (Aadhar Card or Voting Card)
- Bedding/sleeping bags, sweater/windcheater
- Full Pant
- walking stick (optional)
- Personal basic medical kit (carry your routine medicines if any to avoid complications)
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Trek leader's decisions will be final and binding.
- Participants or Members are responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
- Team "Mumbai Trekizens" reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
- There is no freshen up / washroom facility at the campsite. There is only one toilet in the base village.
- Avoid carrying heavy-weight for the trek.
- Floaters and Sandals are not allowed; please wear sports shoes or trekking shoes of good