Difficulty level - Easy | Endurance level - Easy | Duration - 1 day 1 Night
Rajmachi Is One Of The Many Historical Forts In The Rugged Hills Of Sahyadri Mountains (Western Ghats). It Consists Of Two Twin Fortresses Shriwardhan Ballekilla And Manaranjan Balekilla, With A Wide Machi (Plateau) Surrounding The Two Balekillas. Udhewadi Is A Small Village Of About 22 Houses Situated On The Machi, At The Southern Foot Of Manaranjan Balekilla Of Rajmach (Wikipedia)
Fireflies or lightning bugs are structured with specialized cells in their abdomen which emit light. This process is called bioluminescence and is shared by many other organisms, mostly sea-living or marine organisms. Pre-monsoon climate is the ideal period for fireflies and glow-worms for mating, they light up to attract their mate. Hundreds of fireflies gather together on a tree displaying their bio-luminescent lights in the dark nights.
- Fireflies Night jungle Trail
- Kalbhairavnath temple
- Udaysagar lake
- Shrivardhan fort
- Tent stay, local cuisines
- Awesome view of Lonavala
- Mesmerizing views of Sahyadri Mountains
- Breathtaking beauty or Rajmachi
- Walk Through Tribal Village
Train Timing From Mumbai
Sinhagad Express -11009
- Arrival 14:25
- Departure 17:02
Day 1 Saturday
- 06.10 pm - Assemble at Lonavala Railway Station and Move towards Jambhul pada by Jeep
- 07:00 pm - Reach Jambulpada, Introduction time and start jungle Trek towards Rajmachi
- 09.00 pm - Reach Base Village
- 09.30 pm - Dinner - Stay in Tent or Home Stay
- 10:00 pm - Go for the jungle trails and see fireflies
- 11.00 pm - Lightouts Sleep
Day 2 Sunday
- 06.00 AM - Wake Up
- 06:30 AM - Breakfast
- 08:30 AM - Shrivardhan Fort visit and exploration
- 11:30 AM - Lunch
- 12:00 PM - Return Towards Lonavala.
- 01:30 PM - Reach Lonavala railway station and catch a train back to your home with loads of memories.
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Lonavala To Lonavala
- 1 Breakfast & Tea Welcome Drink
- 1 Dinner (Veg-Non Veg)
- 1 Lunch (Veg Only)
- Tent Stay or Homestay (Depend on weather)
- Forest Entry Fee
- Basic First Aid
- Expertise Charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train tickets
- Any personal expense
- Any other charges not mentioned above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Identity proof (Must)
- A bottle of water (At least 3 Liters) Must
- 1 Torch (Must) with spare batteries (Must)
- Bunch of Papers, Camera, Cap, etc.
- Some Ready to eat food - Chikki, Dates, Plum Cake, etc
- Umbrella, Raincoat, rain poncho, or windcheater
- Extra Pair of dry clothes
- Medicine those if u require usually (Optional)
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
- Tip: Keep minimum weight
Please Note :
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Trek leaders decision will be final and binding.
- Participants or Members are responsible for his/her own safety and baggage
- There is a freshen up / washroom facility at the top. There are 3 toilets in the base village.
- Avoid carrying heavy weight for the trek.
- Floaters and Sandals are not allowed, please wear sports shoes or trekking shoes of good quality
- Important: Participant with any medical issues /history are not allowed to opt for this event. If he/she does so that it is done at the participant's risk. The management won't be responsible for any incident.