Fireflies or lightning bugs are structured with specialized cells in their abdomen which emit light. This process is called bioluminescence and is shared by many other organisms, mostly sea-living or marine organisms. Pre-monsoon climate is the ideal period for fireflies and glow-worms for mating, they light up to attract their mate. Hundreds of fireflies gather together on a tree displaying their bio-luminescent lights in the dark nights.
Prabalmachi is an unseen offbeat village en-route of Kalavantin & Prabalgad Trek, its name itself indicates its huge plateau & offering a magnificent view of Prabalgad Fort & Kalavantin Pinnacle. It is a huge Plateau provides one of the best locations for camping.
- Type: Hill Fort
- Height: 2320 Feet above MSL (Approx)
- Grade: Easy
- BaseVillage: Thakurwadi
- Region: Panvel
- Camping in a Tent
- Breathtaking View of Prabalgad and Kalavantin Durg
- Awesome view of Panvel
- View of Matheran & Chanderi Fort
- Walk Through Tribal Village
- 06:00 pm - Assemble outside of Panvel Railway Station
- 06:15 pm - Move towards base village "Thakurwadi" by Local private Vehicle.
- 07:00 pm - Reach Thakurwadi & move to Prabalmachi. Enjoy the serene view of fireflies lightning your way towards to Prabalmachi.
- 09:00 pm - Reach Prabalmachi.
- 09:30 pm - Have a dinner (Veg)
- 10:30 pm - A night walk to nearby forest area of Prabalmachi to see fireflies.
- 12:00 pm - Rest under the millions of stars, sharing your travel experiences with the likeminded people.
- 05:00 am - Wake up call. Get ready for Kalavantin Pinnacle Trek
- 05:15 am - Start trek towards Kalavantin Pinnacle
- 06:15 am - Reach Top and Enjoy Sunrise, Photography, Take rest for some time.
- 08:00 am - Start Descending,
- 09:00 am - Reach Campsite.
- 09:15 am - Refreshments, breakfast Starts to descend to the base village "Thakurwadi".
- 10:30 am - Start the journey to Panvel.
- 11:00 am - Move toward Panvel.
- 12:00 pm - Reach Panvel railway station.
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Panvel to Base village to Panvel by private vehicle.
- 1 Breakfast- Sunday
- 1 Dinner - Buffet (Veg/Non-Veg) (Saturday)
- Tent 2 People Sharing Basis. (Blanket, Mattress)
- Adventure Equipment
- Changing Rooms
- Basic First Aid
- Guide & expertise charges.
- Prabalmachi Area Entry Fee
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train Ticket
- Mineral water
- Any personal expense
- Any other charges not mentioned above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Identity proof (Must)
- A bottle of water (At least 3 Liters) Must
- 1 Torch (Must) with spare batteries (Must)
- Bunch of Papers, Camera, Cap, etc.
- Some Ready to eat food - Chikki, Dates, Plum Cake, etc
- Umbrella, Raincoat, rain poncho, or windcheater
- Extra Pair of dry clothes
- Medicine those if u require usually (Optional)
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
- Tip: Keep minimum weight
Please Note :
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Trek leaders decision will be final and binding.
- Participants or Members are responsible for his/her own safety and baggage
- There is a freshen up / washroom facility at the top. There are 3 toilets in the base village.
- Avoid carrying heavy weight for the trek.
- Floaters and Sandals are not allowed, please wear sports shoes or trekking shoes of good quality
- Important: Participant with any medical issues /history are not allowed to opt for this event. If he/she does so that it is done at the participant's risk. The management won't be responsible for any incident.