Difficulty Level: Easy-Medium. | Endurance Level: Medium. | Duration: 1 Night - 1 Day
Naneghat also referred to as Nanaghat or Nana Ghat (IAST: Nānāghaṭ), is a mountain pass in the Western Ghats range between the Konkan coast and the ancient town of Junnar in the Deccan plateau. The pass is about 120 kilometers (75 mi) north of Pune and about 165 kilometers (103 mi) east from Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. It was a part of an ancient trading route and is famous for a major cave with Hindu Sanskrit inscriptions in Brahmi script. These inscriptions have been dated between the 2nd and the 1st century BCE, and attributed to the Satavahana dynasty era. The inscriptions are notable for linking the Vedic and Vaishnavism deities, mentioning some Vedic srauta rituals and of names that provide historical information about the ancient Satavahanas. (WiKi)
- Night Trek full of adventure
- Naneghat Caves
- Thumb-shaped Peak
- Sanskrit inscriptions in Brahmi script on the Cave wall
- Carved stone container to Collect Toll
- Beautiful view of Jivdhan and Vanarlingi Pinnacle and Dhakoba
- Adventures and easy rock climbing
- 08:42 pm CST
- 08:50 pm Byculla
- 08:57 pm Dadar
- 09:04 pm Kurla
- 09:08 pm Ghatkopar
- 09:20 pm Mulund
- 09:24 pm Thane
- 09:48 pm Dombivli
- 09:58 pm Kalyan
Meeting Point: Kalyan Railway Station at 10:00 pm
- 10:00 pm : Meet-up, Kalyan Railway Station
- 10:15 pm : Move towards the Base Village in Taxi
- 12:15 am : Reach Base village, Read for the trek
- 12:30 am : Introduction round and brief on rules and regulations to be followed by everyone on the event
- 03:30 am : Reach Naneghat Caves, have some rest till morning
- 06:00 am : Wake up and explore surroundings
- 07:30 am : Enjoy Breakfast and tea
- 08:30 am : Start the descend from Naneghat
- 10:30 am : Reach base village and move towards the Kalyan railway station
- 12:30 pm : Reach Kalyan railway station
- 02:00 pm : Reach Mumbai and bid adieu with a promise to meet soon
What is included in the tour
- Private transport from Kalyan to Kalyan
- Breakfast (Unlimited) in the morning
- Tea in the morning
- Local guidance
- Basic First aid and first responder assistance in case required
- Mumbai Trekizens administration charges if any
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks, etc.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Identity Proof (must)
- Saturday Dinner. (must)
- A good trekking shoes, an extra pair of socks.
- Torch with an extra battery (Must)
- A bottle of water (at least 3 Ltrs)
- Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits, etc.
- Medicine those u require usually.
- Pleases do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.