Difficulty Grade: Easy. | Endurance Grade: Easy. | Duration: 1 Day
Lohagad is one of the hill forts of Maharashtra. Situated close to the hill station Lonavala and northwest of Pune, Lohagad rises to an elevation of 1,033 m (3,389 ft) above sea level. The fort is connected to the neighboring Visapur fort by a small range. The fort was under the Maratha empire for the majority of the time, with a short period of 5 years under the Mughal empire.
- Awesome view of Visapur Fort.
- View of Bhaje Caves, Lonavala.
- Rainy seasons trek and easy climb.
- Awesome view of Nature and the cool breeze.
- Mesmerizing views of Sahyadri Mountains.
- Lonavala Local @ 8:05 AM from Pune
- Indrayani Express @ 5:40AM from CST
- Lonavala-Pune Local @ 8:20AM from Lonavala
- 09:00 AM: Meeting at Malavali Railway station,
- 09:00 AM: Travel to Bhaje by Private vehicles.
- 09:30 AM: Reach Lohagad Base Village and have breakfast,
- 10:00 AM: Trek starts.
- 11:00 AM: Reach the top. Explore the fort
- 01:00 PM: Start descend.
- 01:30 PM: Reach the base village and have lunch.
- 02:30 PM: Move to Malavali by Private vehicles.
- 03:00 PM: Reach Malavali Railway station and trek ends.
What is included in the tour
- Malavali to Malavali Transport
- Breakfast & Tea
- Entry Charges
- Basic First Aid
- Group Expertise charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train tickets
- Any personal expense
- Any other charges not mentioned above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Identity Proof (Must)
- A bottle of water (2 Litres)
- Some ready to eat food - Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
- ORS, Glucose, Electrol, Personal Care Medicine those which u require usually.
- A good Trekking Shoes, Extra pair of Socks.
- Rain cheater, umbrella
- A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has ones hands free while trekking.
- Pleases do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other Ornaments.
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Trek leaders decision will be final and binding.
- Participants or Members are responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
- Team "Mumbai Trekizens" reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.