Difficulty Grade: Easy. | Endurance Grade: Easy. | Duration: 1 Day
Kavnai Fort is located in a hillock, north of Kavnai village in Igatpuri Taluka of the Nashik district in the Indian state of Maharashtra. The main gate and a small pond are the only remaining structures. Kavnai village is connected by a road to Igatpuri. Igatpuri is located 18 kilometers away. Kapilatirth is located near Kavnai village. The ascent to the fort follows a ridge that starts from Kavnai. The final ascent is vertical, with poor rock-cut steps crossed by a ladder. (Wikipedia)
- The main gate at the top of the fort
- Kapildhara Ashram and take a Dip in the Kund.
- Pond on top of the fort
- Rainy seasons trek and easy climb.
- Awesome view of Nature and the cool breeze.
- Mesmerizing views of Sahyadri Mountains.
Meeting Point : Kasara Railway Station
Meeting Time : 09:15 am
- 06:55 am : CST
- 07:02 am : Byculla
- 07:08 am : Dadar
- 07:15 am : Kurla
- 07:19 am : Ghatkopar
- 07:34 am : Thane
- 07:47 am : Dombivli
- 07:55 am : Kalyan
- 09:11 am : Kasara
- 09:15 am : Meet the Mumbai Trekizens Team at Kasara Station.
- 10:30 am : Reach Base village, Ready for the trek.
- 11:00 am : Start Trek with Introduction Round and brief on rules and regulations to be followed by everyone on the event.
- 01:00 pm : Reach top, take some rest and then explore the top.
- 02:00 pm : Lunch (Self Carried) and after clicking loads of pics, we will start our descend.
- 03:30 pm : Reach back to our base village.
- 04:00 pm : Freshen-up and have some refreshments with tea.
- 06:00 pm : Reach Kasara railway station.
- 08:00 pm : Reach Mumbai and bid adieu with a promise to meet soon.
What is included in the tour
- Local Travel from Kasara to Kasara.
- Unlimited Morning and Tea.
- Evening Snacks and Tea at base village.
- Basic First Aid and first responder assistance in case required.
- Local guidance.
- Mumbai Trekizens administration charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train tickets
- Any personal expense
- Any other charges not mentioned above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Identity Proof (Must)
- A bottle of water (2 Litres)
- Some ready to eat food - Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
- ORS, Glucose, Electrol, Personal Care Medicine those which u require usually.
- A good Trekking Shoes, Extra pair of Socks.
- Rain cheater, umbrella
- A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has ones hands free while trekking.
- Pleases do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other Ornaments.
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Trek leaders decision will be final and binding.
- Participants or Members are responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
- Team "Mumbai Trekizens" reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.