Height: 1,646 m. | Difficulty Level: hard and Medium. | Endurance Level: High. | Duration : 1 Night - 1 Day
Kalsubai with its towering height of 5400ft, recognized as the highest peak of Maharashtra. It is situated on the Kalsubai mountain range which is an offshoot range from the main Sahyadri range and rung from west to east. The name of this mountain range has been derived from the name of the Kalsubai peak itself.
This entire range is amazing from the trekking point of view. Though small in length, this range has some of the tallest peaks and toughest forts. Starting from west to east this range contains Alang Madan, Kulang forts. The top of the Kalsubai peak gives an excellent view of all these forts. Kalsubai, though the highest peak, from trekking point of view it's easy. The peak has a temple and to visit this temple many people trek to the top. So for sake of such pilgrim trekkers government and local villagers have made the route easy and safe by putting ladders and staircase wherever necessary. So reaching the top is just a test of your stamina and not mountaineering skill. But once you reach the top then you get an absolutely uninterrupted view of the surrounding.
- Highest Peak of Maharashtra.
- Kalsubai Temple.
- Bhandardara dam.
- Night Trek full of adventure.
- Adventures and easy Rock climbing.
- Experience the thrill of a night trek.
- Enjoy a glorious sunrise amid mountains.
- Chance to capture panoramic views from the top.
Kasara Semi Fast
- 09:32 pm CST
- 09:40 pm Byculla
- 09:50 pm Dadar
- 10:00 pm Kurla
- 10:06 pm Ghatkopa
- 10:27 pm Thane
- 10:50 pm Dombivli
- 11:01 pm Kalyan
- 12:11 am Kasara
Meeting Point : Kasara Railway Station at 12:15 am
Day 1 -
- 09:32 PM: Catch Kasara train from CSTM.
- 12:15 AM: meet your teammates and Group Leader at Kasara Station and start your journey to Kalsubai in a private vehicle.
Day 2 -
- 02:00 AM: you will reach Baari Village. Then take rest for some time and have food.
- 02:30 AM: start trekking to the summit
- 04:30 AM: Reach the Top and take rest,
- 05:00 AM: where you will be able to enjoy the star-studded sky. Enjoy the amazing view of the surroundings and take rest.
- 06:00 AM, resume walking to reach the peak. There, you are going to witness the bewitching sunrise.
- Explore the area on your own and have breakfast after some time.
- 08:30 AM, start descending.
- 10:30 AM you will reach the base where you can take your lunch and depart for Kasara Station.
- 03:00 PM, you will reach Mumbai. (tentatively)
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Kasara to Kasara by private vehicle.
- Morning breakfast & tea (Sunday)
- Lunch (Sunday)
- Basic First Aid
- Guide & expertise charges.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Train tickets
- Any personal expense
- Any other charges not mentioned above
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Identity Proof (must)
- Saturday Dinner. (must)
- A good trekking shoes, an extra pair of socks.
- Torch with extra battery (Must)
- A bottle of water (at least 3 Ltrs)
- Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.
- Mats, Sleeping Bags, etc.
- Medicine those u require usually.
- Pleases do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Trek leaders decision will be final and binding.
- Participants or Members are responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
- Team "Mumbai Trekizens" reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.