Grade: Easy | Endurance Level: Easy | Duration: 1 Night 1 Day
About Kaas Plateau
Kaas Plateau also known as the "Kaas Pathar" is situated in the Western Ghats Sahyadri range, 22 km from Satara city in the state of Maharashtra, India. The name Kaas originates from Kaasa tree. As the leaves of this tree mature, they turn from green to red.
During the flowering season from mid August to October, almost every inch of the plateau is bedecked with flowers of various colors and sizes. In fact, recently, Kaas has been declared as a Biodiversity World Heritage Site by The United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) due to the floral diversity found here.
Few list of the flowers found in Kaas:
- Adenoon indicum(local name mothi sonaki)
- Aerids maculosum
- Aponogeton satarensis(local name Vaytura)
- Arisaema murrayi(local name Pandhara Sapkanda)
- Begonia crenata
- Ceropegia jainii(local name Somada)
- Ceropegia vincaefolia(local name Kandilpushpa/ Kandil kharchudi- कंदिल खर्चुडी)
- Ceropegia media
- Chlorophytum glaucoides(local name Musali)
- Cyanotis tuberosa(local name Abhali)
- Dendrobium barbatulum(Bharangee)
- Dioscorea bulbifera(local name dukkar kanda)
- Dipcadi montanum(Deepkadee)
- Drosera burmanni(local name Davbindu)
- Drosera indica(local name Gavati Davbindu – गवती दवबिंदू)
- Elaeocarpus glandulosus(local name Kaasa)
- Exacum tetragonum(local name Udi chirayat)
- Flemingia nilgheriensis
- Habenaria grandifloriformis
- Habenaria heyneana(local name toothbrush Orchid)
- Kaas Pathar- Plateau of Flowers
- Rich Biodiversity of Kaas- Endangered / Rare / Endemic / Common Species
- Plateau changes its colour after every 15- 20 days, as the cycle of flowering plants progresses with the monsoon from August to October.
- Brief on the IUCN Red List at Kaas.
- Local cuisines to keep us energetic throughout the event
Well, be boarding non-A/C bus from our nearest pick-up point. Bus timings are shared below for convenience:
For Mumbai Participants
Meeting Points :
- 10:00 pm Dadar
- 10:20 pm Chembur
- 10:40 pm Vashi
- 11:00 pm McD Kalamboli
For Pune Participants
Meeting Point :
- 01:00 am Wakad Flyover
- 01:15 am Sinhgad bridge Warje
- 01:30 am Katraj Highway
- 10:00 pm Depart for Kaas Plateau in a non-A/C bus (We will manage pick-ups from pre-decided locations depending upon the participants
- 05:00 am Arrive at the base village and take some rest
- 06:00 am Wake-up call, freshen-up and have breakfast, followed by tea
- 07:00 am Introduction round and brief on rules and regulations to be followed by everyone on the event
- 07:15 am Gear up for the execution as per the instructions
- 08:00 am Reach plateau, feel the quest of being on the lovely place with flowers by all the side, guided exploration for the initial phase with an introduction on flora, next explore the mighty place as much as you can
- 11:00 am Start descending returning towards the base, take some rest
- 12:00 pm Leave for Kaas lake or Kumudini flower lake
- 01:30 pm Freshen up, have tummy tight lunch and rest for a while
- 03:30 pm Leave for Mumbai, fun in the bus, followed by games and lots more
- 10:00 pm Reach Mumbai and bid adieu with a promise to meet soon
You can make payments using any of the following modes
- UPI – mumbaitrekizens@upi
- Google Pay (Tez) – 9702332748
NEFT – Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
- Name : Mumbai Trekizens
- Bank : The Mahanagar Co-Operative Bank Ltd
- Branch : Kamothe, Navi Mumbai
- Account Type : Current Account
- Account No : 038011200000186
- IFSC Code : MCBL0960038
What is included in the tour
- Local travel from Mumbai to Mumbai
- Unlimited breakfast, Lunch and Evening Tea on the event
- Kaas Plateau Entry Fee
- Local Guidance
- First aid and first responder assistance in case required
- Trekizens administration charges if any
What is NOT included in the tour
- All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Camera fees.
- Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks, etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses. (Like- Carrying a personal camera to a restricted area, breaking a rule and being fined by the local authority, expenses occurred due to personal negligence, etc.)
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather, etc
- Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc
- 2 Litres of water must
- Extra pair of clothes, shoes and socks optional
- Cap, Camera as Optional
- 1 packet of electrol, enerzal, glucon-D
- Medications if required for individual
- Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Trek leaders decision will be final and binding.
- Participants or Members are responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
- Team "Mumbai Trekizens" reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
- There is no freshen up / washroom facility at the top. There is only one toilet at the Hotel area.
- Avoid carrying heavy weight for the Tour.
- Floaters and Sandals are not allowed, please wear sports shoes or trekking shoes of good quality.
- IMPORTANT: Participant with any medical issues /history are not allowed to opt for this event. If he/she does so that it is done at the participant's risk. The management wont be responsible for any incident.