Difficulty Level: Easy-Medium. | Endurance Level: Medium. | Duration: 1 Night - 1 Day
Gokarna is a small temple town on the western coast of India in the Kumta taluk of Uttara Kannada district of the state of Karnataka. The main temple and deity are Lord Shiva, who is also known as Mahabaleshwar. This temple houses what is believed to be the original image of Lord Shiva's linga (Atmalinga). There are many other temples all over this small town. Ankola and Kumta on NH66 are the main towns whereas Bhatkal and Karwar are the main small cities near Gokarna where almost all trains have halted and are connected to major cities like Bombay, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Madras, and Mangalore with private buses. (Wikipedia)
- Gokarna Beach.
- Kudle Beach.
- Paradise Beach.
- Halfmoon Beach.
- Om Beach.
- Yana Caves.
- Beach Trek
- Gokarna City Tour.
Day 0: Depart from Mumbai to Gokarna by bus (bus booking @ redbus.in by yourself)
Bus Suggestions :
Going-Mumbai (03:00 pm)-Gokarna(06:10 am)
Return- Gokarna (06:45 pm)-Mumbai(07:45 am)
Day 01: Temples, Beaches, and Sunset
- 06:00 am : Reach Gokarna and proceed towards our guest house/hostel.
- 07:00 am : Check in and freshen up and have breakfast.
- 10:00 am : Post-check-in, we will visit Mahaganpati Temple, Mahabaleshwar Temple (short clothes not allowed in the temple) and explore the magnificent and sandy Gokarna Beach
- 12:00 pm : Will do beach trek its start from Gokarna Beach and end at the sandy Kudle beach.
- 01:30 pm : we will have lunch at Kudle beach and continue exploring the Kudle beach and Gokarna town.
- 05:00 pm : in the evening we will come back to our guest house/hostel
- 07:00 pm : The evening we can stroll around the streets of the town and do some shopping.
- 09:30 pm : Dinner Time
Day 02: Adventure Time.
- 06:00 am : Wake up, freshen up and have breakfast.
- 08:30 am : Today we will do beach trekking and beach hopping, Our beach trek will start from Om Beach and end at the beautiful Paradise beach. The trek will cover several other beaches like Halfmoon beach, between these two beaches. In case if you plan to take a dip in the beach, do fill your bag pack with extra clothes.
- 04:00 pm : After the trekking activity, We will be back to our guest house/hostel by sunset. have a shower and rest overnight at the guest house/hostel.
Day 03: A Day Out!
- 05:00 am : Wake up early in the morning, freshen up and have breakfast.
- 07:00 am : We will leave for Yana caves (Around 45 km from Gokarna.) Yana caves are two tall and huge black monolithic rocks in a dense forest. You have to trek up the hill to reach Yana caves. Hiking up and coming down will require about an hour. Later, by afternoon we will come back to the hostel/ guest house, freshen up and will go to Gokarna Cross. From Gokarna Cross, we will board the bus leaving for Mumbai.
Your memorable Backpacking tour ends here.!
What is included in the tour
- All Transfers from Gokarna to Gokarna
- Accommodation on Sharing basis in Guest House/Hostel.
- 3 Breakfast, 3 Lunch, 2 Dinner.
- Local guidance
- Basic First aid and first responder assistance in case required
- Mumbai Trekizens administration charges if an
What is NOT included in the tour
- Last Day Dinner
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Rent for bike and bicycle.
- All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks.
- Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks, etc.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Identity Proof (Must) ( No Pan Card)
- A small Backpack (Avoid Suitcases)
- A Day Bag to hold the camera and essential during sightseeing.
- Beachwear (in case you decide to swim or enjoy water sports)
- Torch with an extra battery (Must)
- Medicine those u require usually
- Cap, Shades, Sun-Screen, etc.
- Sport shoes or Good quality Floaters
- Camera (Optional)
- Sanitary Kit
- Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits, etc
- Pleases do not carry sling bags or Jholas.
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
MUMBAI TREKIZENS Rules
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Trek leaders decision will be final and binding.
- Participants or Members are responsible for his/her own safety and baggage.
- Team "Mumbai Trekizens" reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
This is Backpacking version of the trip, Sometimes low on Leisure and But always High on experiences.
Visits, Activities and their order are subject to change for backpacking trip based on the discretion of Mumbai Trekizens.
The trip involves walking, trekking, and Moped ride (Shared)