Difficulty Level: Medium. | Endurance Level: High. | Duration: 1 Day
Bhimashankar Temple is a Jyotirlinga shrine located 50 km northwest of Khed, near Pune, in India. It is located 127 km from Shivaji Nagar in the Ghat region of the Sahyadri hills. Bhīmāshankar is also the source of the river Bhima, which flows southeast and merges with the Krishna river near Raichur. The other Jyotirlinga shrines in Maharashtra are Trimbakeshwara near Nashik and Grishneshwar near Aurangabad. (Wikipedia)
- Beautiful trek in evergreen forest
- Bhimashankar Wildlife Sanctuary
- Bhimashankar Temple
- Mesmerizing views of Sahyadri Mountains
- Thrilling trek to feed your adventurous sou
Khopoli Fast Local
- 11:18 pm CST
- 11:25 pm Byculla
- 11:31 pm Dadar
- 11:38 pm Kurla
- 11:42 pm Ghatkopar
- 11:58 pm Thane
- 12:10 am Dombivli
- 12:18 am Kalyan
- 01:10 am Karjat
Meeting Point: Karjat Railway Station
Meeting Time : 01:10 am (Sunday)
- 01:15 am Meet the Mumbai Trekizens Team at Karjat Station, freshen up and gear up for the event
- 01:30 am Leave for the base village in a private taxi
- 02:45 am Reach base village, rest some time
- 04:30 am have breakfast and tea and
- 05:00 am start introduction round and brief on rules and regulations to be followed by everyone on the event
- 05:30 am Start the trek with a small warm-up walk.
- 10:00 am Reach the top, Enjoy the view of the surrounding, Visit Bhimashankar Temple
- 12:00 pm Have lunch self carried on the trek
- 01:00 pm After Lunch Start descend back to the base
- 06:30 pm Reach Base Village and Start the return Journey towards Karjat Railway Station
- 07:30 pm Reach Karjat station and take a return train to Mumbai
- 09:00 pm Reach Mumbai.
What is included in the tour
- Local travel from Karjat to Karjat.
- Unlimited breakfast at base village.
- Tea in the Morning.
- Local guidance.
- Basic First aid and first responder assistance in case required.
- Mumbai Trekizens administration charges if any.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Lunch and All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks, etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Identity proof (Must)
- A bottle of water (At least 3 Liters) Must
- 1 Torch (Must) with spare batteries (Must)
- Bunch of Papers, Camera, Cap, etc.
- Some Ready to eat food - Chikki, Dates, Plum Cake, etc
- Umbrella, Raincoat, rain poncho, or windcheater
- Extra Pair of dry clothes
- Medicine those if u require usually (Optional)
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
- Tip: Keep minimum weight.
- Smoking and drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Trek leaders decision will be final and binding.
- Participants or Members are responsible for his/her own safety and baggage
- There is a freshen up / washroom facility at the top. There are 3 toilets in the base village.
- Avoid carrying heavy weight for the trek.
- Floaters and Sandals are not allowed, please wear sports shoes or trekking shoes of good quality
- Important: Participant with any medical issues /history are not allowed to opt for this event. If he/she does so that it is done at the participant's risk. The management won't be responsible for any incident.