Alang Fort (also Alangad) is a fort in Nashik district, Maharashtra, India. It is one of the three forts, the others being Madangad and Kulang, in the Kalsubai range of the Western Ghats. They are the most difficult to reach forts in Nasik District. A dense forest cover makes these treks difficult. These three forts are a little neglected due to very heavy rains in the area and a difficult confusing path to the forts. (Wikipedia)
- Rappelling and Rock climbing
- Steep steps to climb.
- Amazing view from the top of the fort
- Historical remains of the fort- water cisterns, caves, and other structures
- Breathtaking View of Alang, Madan, and Kulang
- Mesmerizing views of Sahyadri Mountains
- Sunset and Sunrise View from Madan Top
- Night stay in ancient caves.
We’ll be boarding the below train from the nearest local station. Train timings are shared below for convenience:
Kasara Semi Fast Local
- 10.50 pm: CST
- 10:57 pm: Byculla
- 11:05 pm: Dadar
- 11:13 pm: Kurla
- 11:18 pm: Ghatkopar
- 11:34 pm: Thane
- 11:57 pm: Dombivali
- 12:07 am: Kalyan
- 01:18 am: Kasara
Meeting Point: Kasara Railway Station at 01:20 am
- 01:20 am Meet our team at Kasara station, freshen up
- 01:30 am Leave for the base village in a private taxi
- 04:15 am Reach base village
- 05:30 am Have Breakfast
- 05:30 am Introduction round and brief on rules and regulations
- 06:00 am Start the trek with a small warm-up walk.
- 10:30 am Reach the top, Explore the Alang fort
- 11:30 am Have lunch and take some rest
- 01:30 pm Start descend of Alang and move towards the Madan
- 05:00 pm After Rock Climbing Reach Madan top
- 05:30 pm Explore the fort, enjoy the view of the surrounding
- 08:00 pm Dinner time and stay in the cave of Madangad
- 05:00 am Wake up call, freshen up and recharge with the Garma-garam breakfast.
- 06:30 am Get ready for the descend and move towards the Kulang
- 11:00 am Reach Kulang, Have Lunch and Explore Fort
- 02:30 pm Start Descending down
- 05:00 pm Reach Base Village
- 05:10 pm Start the return Journey towards Kasara Railway Station
- 06:00 pm Reach Kasara station and take a return train (06:18 pm) to Mumbai
- 08:30 pm Reach Mumbai and bid adieu with a promise to meet soon
You can make payments using any of the following modes
- UPI – mumbaitrekizens@upi
- Google Pay (Tez) – 9702332748
NEFT – Deposit the Amount into the Following Account:
- Name : Mumbai Trekizens
- Bank : The Mahanagar Co-Operative Bank Ltd
- Branch : Kamothe, Navi Mumbai
- Account Type : Current Account
- Account No : 038011200000186
- IFSC Code : MCBL0960038
What is included in the tour
- Transportation from Kasara to Kasara
- Unlimited breakfast in the morning ( Sat-Sun )
- Tea in the morning ( Sat-Sun )
- Lunch ( Sat-Sun )
- Dinner ( Sat )
- Local guidance
- Climbing and Rappelling Equipment Charges
- First aid and first responder assistance in case required
- Trekizens administration charges if any
What is NOT included in the tour
- All kinds of extra meals / soft drinks ordered.
- Insurance, tips, porters, bottled mineral water, aerated drinks, etc.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Any kind of cost which is not mentioned in the cost includes above.
- All expenses incurred due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances like roadblocks, bad weather.
- Some ready to eat food like- plum cakes, fruits, chocolates, biscuits, etc
- 3 Liters of water must
- Good trekking shoes
- Torch with extra batteries
- Extra pair of clothes, socks, Wind Cheater optional
- Cap, Camera, Power bank as Optional
- 1 packet of electrol, enerzal, glucon-D
- Medications if required for individual
- Avoid wearing precious ornaments on an event, if possible
- And a haversack or backpack to put all the above things to be carried, so hands are free to help each other while trekking. Sling bags / jholas / trolley bags etc not allowed on the event. Please pack accordingly.
- A basic toilet facility will be available at the base village. Considering it is an outdoor activity, please prepare accordingly.
- We advise participants with any medical issues /history not to opt for this event. Still, If he/she does so, it should be at the participant’s risk. The management won’t be responsible for any incident.
- Considering the complicated route and respecting everyone’s time, we will not entertain any participant reaching base village by his/her own vehicle. One can come till the meeting point by his/her vehicle and park it there and join our transport from there.
- Smoking/drinking/smoke up is strictly prohibited during the event. Anyone found doing so will be immediately expelled from the event.
- We request you to go through the complete itinerary. Since it is a group event, we will not be in a position to entertain any request of leaving early from the event. Respecting the fellow trek mates, please adhere to the schedule and take back lovely memories.